Everyone post your pics here!! i wanna see your axos!

Hi Cynthia the pipe is an '2" solvent weld elbow'. It is a component of waste sytems and available at most plumbers merchants. The trade name for this (in UK) is Terrain.

I received my little guy today.
He seems to be right at home. He first went
inside the plastic hamster tube for a little
while, then went and stayed in the cave for a
long time. Now he is exploring all around. Here are a couple of pics. I'll try to post better
ones later.
24092.gif

24093.gif

(Message edited by karisha on October 07, 2004)

Andre, what type of plants are in your aquarium setup? Specifically the ones that seem to be hanging.

does a females clocoa always stay open like that when they mature?

No Jenny,

Only when they are laying eggs.. That is what Ariel is doing, thats why it is open.

Karisha,

Your new baby looks lovely, hope shes doing good!

While I was taking photos of my axys this morning, they decided to pose for me.
love.gif

25640.jpg

I love the new pics that have been added!
And I adore that blue sand. I don't think I have seen colored "sand" here at the lfs. I am going to have to find some.

Just thought i'd add this one,

Not sure if its about the forum already but I think its very cute!

25993.jpg

Here it is again, just a different colour, size, and with smaller gills.

26348.jpg

Hey Charlie I have searched for blue sand like you have and can not find any. Do you happen to remember the brand name of it?

Thanks,
Cynthia

Lovely axolotls everyone. Mikki - how old were the 30 cm axolotls when the photo was taken? I have a male who's reached 27 and still growing. All of my "adults" are a year old now and still growing. They're between 24 and 27 cm long. I had my first batch of eggs last night.

The two leucistic were 2 years just turned in March this year and Tweak measured 30cm. Arwen the female marginally less.

Psylocke the big fat black melly was 30cm and she was 30cm back then. They all seem to be at their limit. Perhaps I should remeasure them all soon.

Mikki,

Thanks for getting back to me about that. I hope mine reach the magic 30 cm ;).

Took my a while to get this pic as my camera didn't want to focus through the glass. But my axi is only around 3-4cm long, and he has just grown his feet.

He's soooo cute. I'm thinking of getting a second, cause he seems rather bored. maybe a companion will help.
26729.jpg

OMG!!!
its so cute!!

why cant i ever find cool colorations like that?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back