Expensive Lotls

ThatNewGuy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey guys just a quick question on the price of some rare color morphs;
So there's someone selling a mosaic axolotl for $700 and they're also selling a chimera (it's beautiful) for $1,350, I'm not judging the seller in any way, this is my first time encountering this colors and I was wondering, Is that seriously how much they sell for????? Like that's an insane amount of money for a pet, then again they are beautiful, anyways thanks in advance.

Yes, that's an appropriate amount for extremely rare animals. They will probably be happily bought by a breeder who will attempt to breed them in hopes they will produce similar babies, which they can then sell and make the money back. Also Erik, the seller, is a very stand up guy who probably has that much or more in the animals already.

Last edited:
Its only half what a decent pedigree dog costs, but lives three times longer. Bargain. ;) :)

Things like that are available so rarely that it's impossible to say 'what they go for.' They go for as much as a person can get.

k. Also Erik, the seller, is a very stand up guy who probably has that much or more in the animals already.[/QUOTE]
What is the sellers name?

What is the sellers name?

Erik Eads. Cincinnati Axolotls / a_e_reptiles on facebook is his business page.

"$1350.00 plus over night shipping. USPS. Next shipping day is Monday August 31. I'll be taking messages n phone calls on Monday the 24th after 10pm eastern time. I'll have 2 more ready in 3 months. It's 6-7 inches. Unsexed."

11951777_588562691282560_773439161554841760_n.jpg

Glad to see someone point him out, I didn't know if that be some type of advertisement if I said who it was and I didn't wanna do something wrong, and thanks for letting me know that it is an appropriate price, time to save some money hahaha.

I personally find chimeras to be interesting but not particularly attractive. I think the rarity and interesting look are mistaken as beautiful by some people. I'd much rather have a quality wild, copper, or purple, personally. Erik's mosaic, however, is phenomenal and if I had $700 I'd think about it.

Yeah the mosaic is what I like the most and I've never seen a purple before but I heard they're beautiful.

A chimera sold in the UK this year for £800. That's around $1300, so yeah, it sounds about right to me.

Personally for that amount of money I'd buy a huge tank and have a dozen regular axies.

If I had space on my dorm I would too xD my future house will decently have one

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back