Eyeless axies??

S

stipe

I found soem pictures of eyeless axies, have you ever heard about this?
50653.jpg

50654.jpg

50655.jpg

50656.jpg

(all aboive photos are copyright to Henk.wallays@skynet.be)

Also i found a neat pic of a metamorphed axolotl
happy.gif
50657.jpg

wow that metamorphed axie looks cool. i dont no about the eyeless axies, probly wouldnt make a difference since there visions not that great in the first place.

(Message edited by alex_axolotl on December 27, 2005)

wow you have been buisy. Thanks for sharing.

Hmm. An eyeless axie. Just as silly and dosn't mind light. lol. I think they would get easily stressed though, swimming flat stick into things and the like.

OMG!!Eek!!I am sooooo glad Diablo wasnt morphing!!Sorry but that guy is gross.I think the eyeless ones have been mentioned before in a thread,they tend to use smell alot,and don't see too well at the best of times so I guess they would be fine.I like the harlequin
frog.gif

Thanks Stipe for the interesting pics

I read on, I think this site, about eyeless types etc. It's really interesting! Those a really cool pictures you found. The metamorphed axolotl looks unusual. here I was thinking they just looked like regular salamanders....
shocked.gif

if i remember rightly eyeless ones are sterile.
i have never thought much of morphed axies though...

I reckon the morphed one is kinda cute! in an ugly sorta way.
I want one!

Ive seen some really cute morphed axies with some really nice colouring.
Ive heard/read (somewhere) about eyeless axies, but never seen any (not even pics), so thanks for that Stipe!

Im amazed at the amount of blood worms at the bottom of the tank, whos going to clean that up!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stipe, that's why their noses are on the bottom of the tank, to sniff out the bloodworms.

Is it true that the morphed axolotls life span is drastically shortened? Has anyone determined the actually longevity of a morphed axolotl verses a typical one?
I know their are different theories of why this can spontaneously occur. I wonder if the shortened longevity is more so with the "forced" metamorphing (IE: adding iodine/thyroxin hormone etc).

Thanks for sharing, those pictures are very interesting
happy.gif

Al, I think one theory is that morpholotls have a shorter life span because of the stress of morphing. They're not accustom to the stress like tiger sals would be. However, I really have no evidence of this, and can't say one way or another.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back