Question: Fake plants stink...

SariYappa

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
~Sari
Literally!

I have 2 plastic plants that when I opened the package they stink... I tried vinegar and water, and hot water (couldn't boil, they would melt). They are just 2 long fake elodea. Can I use them?? Is this normal? I'm such a newbie! :p

Maybe leave them in some water (with vinegar or so) for a day. Who knows :)
I also have fake plants, not sure if they smell funny tho. But I never had a problem with them.
But I guess Xotl has a problem with them, he attacks those poor 'plants'.

That's a good plan, I'll try soaking. Thanks!

I plan to have more live plants, but while my collection grows, I figured I can supplement with fake ones...

So far I have one live one. :p

What do they smell of? If they smell plasticky or chemically it's just what they are made of, soaking should work.

Yes, aweful plasticky smell. :(

Now i do have a very keen sense of smell, bit this is ridiculous :eek:

But, it's ok to use it then :confused:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back