Fast cycling?

Neurus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have just bought a 40" x 18" tank for Neurus and Kiro, I am sooooo spoiling them lol. Anyways it currently has tap water in it, i know this will take at least 2 days to be degassed. However at the moment it has Neurus's big plant in and a load of the pebbles from the main tank. Should i add Axie poo to it to get it kick started?

Neurus,

Adding axolotl fecal matter would definitely kick-start the nitrification process because it is form of ammonia, hence giving the bacteria something to thrive on.

Also, you should add a water conditioner/ager to the water in your newly established tank. This will eliminate any uncertainty as to whether all the chlorine/chloramine molecules have evaporated from the water.

Best of luck your new tank and axolotl.

Jay.

Hi Neurus did you transfer water from the old tank?

There are many quick fixes available for tank cycling none better than adding something like meat or fecal matter and time.

Good Luck

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back