FBT set up ideas needed

D

denise

Hi! I wonder if you could give me some ideas for a FBT set up. I have a 15 gallon tank and I'd like to get 3 or 4 FBT's. I do have a piece of glass I can use to divide the tank if that is the best way to set it up. What type of substrate is the best to use for the land side?

I will be using a Fluval 1 to filter the water side. I wanted to use one of those screen type covers for the tank but I can't figure what to do with the cord for the filter. It doesn't appear that they leave a hole for the cord in those screen covers.

You can also use a small log as the land area. If you use a large drill you can drill holes into the log, place soil into the holes and have plants grow in the soil. If the log is supported off the bottom of the tank or is siliconed to the sides then there will be more area under the log for viewing as well as preventing areas where dirt can accumulate and not be removed.

Ed

hello, i'm summer. a great tip is to have live plants or real plants in the cage or tank. they love to hide by it. if u have any ? please email me at this add. frogloverslt@aol.com
thanks
summer

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back