Feeding At Night?

tashie7161

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Tasha
I read axies are nocturnal, does anyone feed them at night? Is it better to feed them at night?

If they'll eat during the day, then there's no need to try and feed them at night. Axolotls are 'nocturnal' in the sense that in the wild, they tend to be more active at night. But I've found that in captivity, they're pretty outgoing no matter what time of day. I've fed mine at all times of day with no ill effects.

I feed my two late evening..I have 3 children who would love to do this but I need to be able to keep tabs on who has what, so I wait till the little cherubs go to bed...and have quality time with my pets!

I have one adult axie that I feed in the evenings and a juvenile that was undernourished when we got it he has been having a small feed in the morning and in the evening he seems hungry at both feeds. I have just stopped the morning feed and he still waits for it. Go figure

Mine get fed usually at night but i feed them pellets at day. Sometimes i forget to feed them so i feed them during the day or morning. When ever i'm at the tank they want food. You can feed them when ever it best suits you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back