Feeding Guppies

KombatVirus

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey everyone!

I currently have a 20 gallon tank that I have a lot of guppies in, as well I also started breeding red cherry shrimp.

I did a little experiment and put a single shrimp in the axolotl tank. My guys don't seem to mind, he's been going strong for nearly a week! Once my shrimp start breeding, I definitely want to put more in there. The tank needs some help being kept clean, algae is growing wild everywhere and covering / suffocating my plants. But besides the point

How big do axolotls need to be in order to eat a fully grown guppy? I tried putting the fry in, but they are so small my axies don't even seem to notice them. I am having an explosion of the guppies, which I really want to get rid of, hopefully by feeding the adults to the axies. I just feel bad committing mass genocide on them for the sole purpose of giving more breeding room for my shrimp

You should not feed guppies to axolotls. They can not digest the bones and fish contain thiaminase which is bad for axolotls.

If you need to cull some fish just use clove oil, don't feed them to the lotls.

guppies are one of the few fish that dont contain thiaminase. which is why they are a popular feeder fish

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Dnurnberg: Will the shrimp eat the worms? +1
    Back