Feeding jars for pellets?

tundrabadger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Being concerned about keeping up a supply of worms during the winter, I'd like to incorporate more pellets in to my little buddies' diets. Now, the girls are big fans of sinking shrimp pellets, but I've never personally tried them on pellets made specifically for axolotls, and are largely on worms. Alexander was entirely on bloodworms and nightcrawlers when I got him, he (Or she, I have no idea yet, but we had the chance to name something Alexander Salamanderton and we went for it, so he's he until proven otherwise) loves his nightcrawlers, I'm working on getting him to recognize pellets as food, but it takes some doing.

Feeding jars? Would that work for pellets do you think? any advice?

It's usually the falling movement that attracts axies to pellets so it probably wouldn't work having them in a jar. That being said it's worth a try. One of my old axolotls was able to eat pellets sitting in a jar lol

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back