Feeding

D

dave

how much do i feed them, i have had them for a bout 2 months and are feeding them every other day. They seem ok with this but they are always hungry. Also how much do i feed them. Thanks for any responce dave.

sorry i took so long to reply one is 16cm and the other is 13cm

The goal is to maintain a healthy weight. The amount of food needed to do this varies, depending on the animal, the food used, the temperature, etc. They need more at warmer temps. At 13+ cm, yours are big enough to feed only every 2-3 days. You can probably give them as much as they want at that feeding. Certain foods will tend to cause obesity (pure meats, fish filet, pinky mice, etc.), so use these sparingly. If they look thin, feed more. The axies should look pleasantly plump.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back