charbean
New member
- Joined
- Jun 5, 2014
- Messages
- 3
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
- Country
- United Kingdom
Hiya newbie here, I'm looking for some help for making sure my tank is all set up properly before I buy my axies!
I'm getting a Juwel Rio 180 on Sunday which is awesome because it's 180 litres, over three foot long and a 1.5 feet wide so plenty of room for two axolotls.
The tank comes with a Bioflow 3.0 filter, so I was wondering if anyone has experience of these and know if they're any good or not? The filter has a heater on it too, so I'm happy that there won't be a chance of them getting cold in the winter (my apartment gets ridiculously cold at times).
Obviously I want to make sure my axolotls are happy from the start, so if it's too powerful I'll look into getting a different one.
Also, I live near a pebble beach and was thinking about getting some smooth rocks from the shore and building a little hide for them, would this be okay provided I clean them/put them in boiling water first?
Thanks!
I'm getting a Juwel Rio 180 on Sunday which is awesome because it's 180 litres, over three foot long and a 1.5 feet wide so plenty of room for two axolotls.
The tank comes with a Bioflow 3.0 filter, so I was wondering if anyone has experience of these and know if they're any good or not? The filter has a heater on it too, so I'm happy that there won't be a chance of them getting cold in the winter (my apartment gets ridiculously cold at times).
Obviously I want to make sure my axolotls are happy from the start, so if it's too powerful I'll look into getting a different one.
Also, I live near a pebble beach and was thinking about getting some smooth rocks from the shore and building a little hide for them, would this be okay provided I clean them/put them in boiling water first?
Thanks!