Filter Question

Saspotato

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Sarah
Ok sorry if this has been asked before here (I searched but couldn't find anything):

I was reading here that axolotls get stressed by strong water flow so wanted to know about my filter. I have an 'Eheim 2010 PickUp' Internal Filter in a 60 litre (15 gallon) tank and wanted to know if that was ok for my axolotl? If not, will a diffuser bar be ok? The guy in the shop said it would be ok as they don't get that stressed from water flow but that is not what I have been reading on the net... so wanted to check!

Thanks in advance! :)

I am not familiar with that particular filter, but in general I would highly recommend a spray bar, or some other arrangement that diffuses the flow. Having plenty of plants and hiding places helps too.

Ok thanks for your help :) At the moment he seems fine with the filter, and often spends time sitting next to it so I guess he is happy enough, however, I think I will buy one just to be safe at the fish store in the next few days. I put in a bunch of plants and wood for him as well so hopefully that is reducing the flow as well.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    sera: @Clareclare, +2
    Back