Filter Rating

Goldibug

New member
Joined
Aug 8, 2014
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Utah, USA
Country
United States
I'm planning on setting up a 20 gallon long for two axiz. I'm thinking of purchasing an Aqua Clear 20 or 30 for the tank. I can't decide between the two. Would an Aqua Clear 20 really be able to keep up with the bio load of two axiz? I've always over fileted my fish tanks by going at least one size bigger than the filter is rated for. As long as the filter is baffled would the filters rating matter?
 
Your filter need to turn the water over at least 4 times per hour, so a 20gal tank needs a 80-100gal/hour filter. The AC20 would be big enough.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!
    Back
    Top