Filter recommendations

jessicaanne

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have an internal filter that is wonderful except it isn't suitable for the volume of water in my tank! I bought it when I had my tank half full and now it's 3/4 full. It was coping while I had one axolotl but It's obviously being clogged up with gunk much quicker now that I have two. The volume is approximately 130L so I don't know if an external filter is really necessary (not to mention out of my price range) and I've read the thread about filter choices but I just want to see what brand & type people would recommend for this volume/size of tank (3ft). I don't intend to upgrade to a larger tank in the future but just in case I do, I want to purchase a filter that will handle approximately 200L so I don't have to go looking for a 3rd filter later on!

I know you said you can't really afford it but i would recommend an eheim external filter. I have a 2215 in my 54L at the moment which is capable to handle up to 350L only cost me $150 and you can add a chiller into the system no worries. I think the model down 2213 sells for $100.

I started off with all internal filters in my tanks but slowly phasing them out as i find they just can't cope

my tank is 3ft and i'm putting in a eheim 2213 in there because in all my research they are very good while still being reasonably priced.

i'm ordering mine from a store in melbourne called amazing amazon :)

i'm ordering mine from a store in melbourne called amazing amazon :)

Ahh yes, I bought my tank & sand from them :)

I've looked at eheim canister filters so thanks for both of your suggestions. Perhaps I will just save up which will take a while as I'm a little bit in debt with my mum and she'll jump up and down if I put the 'fish' first :lol: Tusken raider, where have you purchased yours from? I've tried looking for the best deal but the good deals online are ruined by the hefty postage costs!

Okay I just looked at the one on amazing amazon and I think I'm going to go with that. Perhaps the boyfriend will be generous enough to pay for it seeing as though he's loaded so what's $130 going to do to his bank balance? :rolleyes: Oh and the great part is FREE SHIPPING!

i get all my stuff from Age of aquariums heaps of products and a flat rate of shipping $7.50 worth a look if you need a lot of stuff.

Thanks for that. Age of Aquariums is one of four websites that I've book marked in regards to the filter and other bits and pieces :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back