Finally just got my first ones

martin

Reaction score
Display Name
martin handford
lol.gif
Just like to say hi to every one....so Hi.

I have just today got some Axies. I have been looking for some for about 1.5 yrs. The other day i found my local petshop had hatched some eggs, So i went down today and he wouldn't sell me any until they had got alot bigger!!
sad.gif

But after about 10mins he gave me 4
lol.gif
. How great is that.

Hi Cynthia,

Like i said i just got them today. I saw them Feeding on Blood Worm at the shop and that is what he gave me to feed them.

Sizes:

I have 1 at around 2inches, 1 at 1.5 Inches, 2 at an Inch and the runt is about almost an inch.

you should separate them even if you feeding them often because at that age they are cannibalistic.

once about 10cm's they *should* be okay.

They are in a 4x2x2 tank with lots of space and place's too hide but i will see if i can seperate them into smaller ones.

Thanx for the advice
happy.gif

They are so cute at that size. Congrats.

Frozen blood worms are a good food for that size.

You might also want to try to introduce a small soft pellet, like the ones offered by Indiana University (Rangen soft moist salmon pellets).
I was glad I got mine feeding on them so they could have variety and the pellets are just so convenient to use.

Good luck with them
happy.gif

Can anyone tell me where I can get these pellets in the UK? Have tried all over the place with no success so far.
My babes are eating cockles, prawns, worms, and I have attempted blood worms but pellets would be useful when someone else is feeding them
cheers

G'day Martin. Congratulations on your new axies and for finding them at last.

I seperate a little according to size. If you have enough room, adequate filtration, and feed heavy enough the juveniles don't need to be kept separate. I have sent salmon pellets to Europe. It costs about the same for shipping as It does for the pellets. If interested email me privately.

Yeah, I think i will try and get hold of some of the pellets if i can!!

Thanx too everyone for your warm welcome and helpfull tips.

Yes they are really cute
happy.gif
, I get much enjoyment just sitting watching them. I have kept reptiles, snakes and other aqautics but never Axies. But it is more rewarding than any of the others and i have only had them about 3-4 days.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back