Fire belly newt and wcmm?

emmyk

Reaction score
Country
United States
So today I bought a 10 gal to breed fish to feel my axolotl occasionally.

I was thinking guppies, but then I thought white clouds.. and then I was thinking ... i've always wanted another amphibian. So I was thinking, would I be able to house a newt in a white cloud breeding setup?

It's okay if I can't. Just was thinking if there is any way... haha.

Thanks !:)

What is a white cloud breeding setup like? And would the fish be in the setup as well, or just the newt?
If you want a firebelly newt then yes you could keep them in a 10 gallon in a planted tank, but it is hard to say if it being with the fish would be safe. I looked up "white cloud breeding tank" and looked at the pictures, and there seemed to be a lot of different ones.
So what kind of tank were you thinking? ( i.e. planted, rocks, etc. ) -Seth

If you want to keep newts, set up the ten gallon tank with the newt's requirements in mind. Then once it's up and running with the newts are settled in I can't see adding a few guppies and letting them breed doing any harm.
If your heart is set on fire bellies of any kind, remember you will most likely have to buy juveniles and raise them to adulthood before they are ready for an aquatic life. Buying wild caught adults from a petstore is risky at best and supports the deplorable way these animals are treated.
Anyway, I think that if you take the plunge and buy some baby newts to raise, by the time they are aquatic adults you wont want to have the fish in there detracting from you happy newt family! ;)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back