Fire belly paludarium

Logan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just wanted to post a photo if my fire belly tank. It's done in an exoterra and has about 10 gallons of water area. The plants are grown in terra cotta pots and the substrate is covered with Java moss to reduce mess. The branches do get climbed on though overall they are mostly for show.

Logan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 2,053
That looks really cool. The top part looks quite a bit higher than the water level. Do they ever go up that high?

It looks nice but since this is a firebelly tank they really do not need anything that goes so high.

They are Cynops oreintalis or H. oreintalis. While I agree more horizontal space is more useful to these newts, I frequently find one sleeping under the Christmas cactus on the epiphyte branch. Seems to prefer that spot. While awake they spend most of their time hunting isopods on the branches and in the java moss.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back