Fire Salamander Juveniles

Mike Gent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Display Name
Mike G
Just got back home to find our 'gang' nearing completion.

A friend looked after the tadpoles while we were away and he had the joy of seeing them all evolve.

Loads of pattern variation and styles. 23 black and yellow and 4 more tads left to morphe.

Started with 34 so a bit sad to have lost some along the way.

Biggest problem now is what to feed them all on as they are all so small!!!!!!!!

"I salute you all...fellow 'Caudate Loonies'!"

Mike

Attachments

• 100_0969.jpg
    100_0969.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 4,507
  • 100_0970.jpg
    100_0970.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 1,560
Here's some more pics of the gang!

Any suggestions on feeding this bunch of tiny (1"!) individuals would be gratefully received!

Cheers,

Mike

Attachments

• 100_0969.jpg
    100_0969.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 502
  • 100_0970.jpg
    100_0970.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 343
Wow!
They are little crackers! I could only think of small worms!... maybe blood worms or other small insects.

food items

Great work with your young salamandra. It is lots of fun to raise these morphs. I have had good luck with feeding small pieces of red worms to my morphs. They will eat nearly anything that is small enough for them and has plenty of movement.

Best of Luck

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back