Country
United Kingdom
cache.php

• I never clean this tank just top up the water
  • soil and clayball substrate
  • been running for three years
  • the newts are fine without a lid
  • my cat drinks from it but the newts dont seem to care
  • some plants i took from outside and some i took from my fishtanks that have since gone aereal.
  • sun light only
  • no filter just plants
  • water quality like a clear mountain pond
  • no problems....ever
  • laziest carefree tank ive ever had...no electricity used.

Attachments

• IMG_0221.jpg
    IMG_0221.jpg
    298.6 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_0229.jpg
    IMG_0229.jpg
    317.7 KB · Views: 454
  • IMG_0231.jpg
    IMG_0231.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 468
  • IMG_0233.jpg
    IMG_0233.jpg
    299.9 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0234.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 443
I love all the plants! What's your water level at? It's a little hard for me to tell.
What do feed your newts? I have a bare bottom+sand tank because I worry the live blackworms would work their way into the soil and never be seen again. What do you usually do for feeding? I'd love to have a fully planted tank like this. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back