Florida enthusiast

Snakeguy101

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
~Chris~
My name is Chris and I live in gainesville FL where I am going to school for zoology (and eventually grad work in herpetology). I am currently keeping several large fish, a ball python, a savanna monitor, an iguana, a mata mata turtle, a large boa constrictor, a pair of eyelash vipers, and a rose hair tarantula. I came to this site for help with a new pet of mine, a greater siren (anyone knows any care sheets link me up). I have visited this site for info before but just now decided to go ahead and sign up...

I am pretty new to amphibians so I hope to learn a lot here. thanks in advance for everyone putting up with my endless questions.:happy:

~Chris~

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the site.

My goodness, that's quite a zoo you have there!

Welcome to the forum Chris. This care sheet for a Lesser siren should work just fine as their care are similar, but obviously you'd need to adjust the tank size accordingly.

Sirens-that a new one for me. I thought sirens were a kind of whale, but recent readings of mine have showed me that sirens are 2-legged aquatic salamanders of the southeast united states. Sirens get to be 4-feet long, so it will need a big enclosure. And of course welcome to the forum!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back