Flourish Excel and other fertilizers...

I

^imp^

Does anyone know if it is alright to put Flourish Excel (an organic carbon supplement for aquatic plants) in a tank with newts? The stuff is pretty nasty--you can easily kill all your fish if you overdose the stuff.

Also, are there any limits to potassium, nitrate, or phosphate levels in amphibian tanks? I currently dose around 10ppm nitrate, 0.1 ppm phosphate, and who knows how much potassium (a good amount).

As for trace minerals, are there any I should try to avoid or minimize? This would include iron, copper, etc.

Thanks-- ^iMp^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back