Food Help.

Darkx

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hi, Idk how much worms should i feed to 8 months axolotl. it would be good if someone told me more at different ages.

I really need to know.

Usually how much they'll eat in a 10min. time period, two-three times a week.

Two-three times a week. So at 18 months, your axolotl becomes a sexually mature adult which means he's going to need to be fed less than he was as a juvenile. Juveniles, you feed until they spit up the food. If he is at least 7in, then he is transitioning into adulthood at a healthy rate and you will need to feed him less because of their slow metabolism.

So two-three times a week could be Monday, Wednesday, Friday, or something like that. When you feed him, do it at night since they are nocturnal and he will be more active then. Take out a stopwatch and start a countdown until 10 mins. Then give just allow him to eat as many as he can eat in that timespan.

Two-three times a week. So at 18 months, your axolotl becomes a sexually mature adult which means he's going to need to be fed less than he was as a juvenile. Juveniles, you feed until they spit up the food. If he is at least 7in, then he is transitioning into adulthood at a healthy rate and you will need to feed him less because of their slow metabolism.

So two-three times a week could be Monday, Wednesday, Friday, or something like that. When you feed him, do it at night since they are nocturnal and he will be more active then. Take out a stopwatch and start a countdown until 10 mins. Then give just allow him to eat as many as he can eat in that timespan.
So, I gotta see. hhow many they can eat inn 10 mins and thats the answer?

As I said and will again - feeding periods are what's to last 10 mins as recommendation. During this 10 min period, you should feed as many as the axolotl will eat or show interest in eating.

As I said and will again - feeding periods are what's to last 10 mins as recommendation. During this 10 min period, you should feed as many as the axolotl will eat or show interest in eating.
Ok

So lemme repeat 10 min timer --------- how many they can eat or lose intrest----- 10 mins reccomend

Yep! A good rule of thumb to determine a healthy salamander is if its body is the width of its head.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back