Found Injured N.v.v.

L

leanne

For those who have been helping me in my other recent thread, I found a female, but am quarantining her because she apparently got her arms bitten off, and I'm not sure if there is an infection yet. She ate 2 tiny baby earthworms so far, so that is a good sign. Any advice on this one? I know this is not going to be one that I can return back to the pond for sure.
54833.jpg

she looks pretty good for being so mangled-do the wounds look recent? any signs of infection? or regrowth? limbs usually arent a problem unless they get infected.

It doesn't appear there is any infection, or signs of regrowth----here is a closer view, can you tell from this photo?
54836.jpg

Not sure if that gray area on her left shoulder is infection? And I should just feed her slowly, since she is underweight?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back