Question: Fridging

speckles

Reaction score
Country
United States
Im still a total noob when it comes to my salamander, its getting in the 80's here and i was wondering if i should fridge her and if i do in a little bit of water or moist coco fiber?

Maybe. What kind of setup does she normally live in? What kind of sal? There will surely be plenty of hotter weather this summer, what kind of long-term arrangement will you have to keep the salamander?

She's an eastern tiger salamander, she usually resides in a terrestrial setup and long term set up will be in a basement or air conditioned room but i need tovget rid of the spiders first.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back