Fungus like problem on axo's skin!

H

heather

Hey everybody, its been a while since ive been on the forum, my computer was busted and i couldnt get on. Well anyways it looks like a fungus, but im pretty sure its not, it kida looks like warts or something, all over ones body, and starting to show on the others head and tail.
I feel horrible because the old container they lived in didnt give me much visibility and i only noticed this now. it looks pretty bad...

Im currently treating them with Furan-Two, ive used the stuff before on other axos, for a different problem, i think it will work on this warty-stuff. (furan-two is just 60 mg nitrofurazone, 25mg furazodilone, and 2mg methylene blue)

I will get some pictures up as soon as possible, which might not be very soon, its a new computer and i havnt installed the camera software in it yet.

try to use melafix from rena it is also pretty good against fungus and external soares

If i could find any melafix i would have used it, but i cant find any over here...

im pretty confidant in the Furan-Two, and it doesnt look like a fungus, and they dont have any open sores...

Heather - Please do post a picture.
Is the "warty-stuff" raised above the skin or is the skin still smooth and you can see small dots all over the axolotl?

The warty stuff is raised above the skin
on closer inspection, it isnt fungus like at all, just bumps, close together and all over.

heres the catch guys;
there was something wrong with these guys to begin with:

they are from my first and only batch of eggs, their brothers developed properly but these guys didnt.
They are eight months old and only four inches long. all of their brothers and sisters are already seven/eight inches long. These two are mutants!!!!

arghhh!!!

i cant get any good pictures of the warty stuff!
to focus on my axies the camera has to be pretty far away, and at that distance you cant see anything wrong with the skin!!
for now you guys will have to do wtihtout a picture...
sad.gif

I looked around on the internet for fish diseases and i found lots of info, enough where i can diagnose my axolotls with Ich or White Spot disease.
i still dont know if Furan-two will kill the Ich.

(Message edited by Salamander_maniac on September 18, 2005)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back