Question: Getting Axolotl, Condensation Concerns

Arphonage

Reaction score
Country
New Zealand
Hi guys, I live in New Zealand and want to get an axolotl for Christmas, the problem is I was going to put the tank in the same room as my computer, but I am concerned about the condensation it might cause in winter. If anyone has any tips or can tell me I am stupid and that there won't be much condensation, then feel free to let me know below :)

Thanks

I have a chiller on my tank and on really hot, humid days (30 degrees plus) my axie tank is covered in condensation because the water is so cold. I usually put a fan in front of them to help with evaporation, but to be honest when its boiling hot it doesn't really help much

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back