frogman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Evan
Hey guys,
So what do you prefer or like the best?

I also vote non.... it's not natural for them to be all glow-ey - sure, it's pretty, but eh.... they're already so cute without xD

I hate the concept of genetically modifying anything & the image some Frankensteinian freak injecting glowing protein genes into these guys horrifies me :(

My vote is au naturale :) non GFP!

<3 >o_o< <3

I feel the same way, although if one arrived at my door in a fish bag I would love it as much as the others ?

I feel the same way, although if one arrived at my door in a fish bag I would love it as much as the others ?

That's so true!
But we'd never even know it was GFP
because I doubt either of us could be bothered subjecting it to uv light anyways :p lol

<3 >o_o< <3

How about that green eye though? Huh?

I don't prefer either over each other. Being as the gfp is now a gene and is bred into the next generation offspring I don't see a problem with it.

Ya, that is what makes them so pretty. I didn't think people would dislike gfp so much. The only color I would not make gfp is copper. Their too beautiful as they are

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't prefer either over each other. Being as the gfp is now a gene and is bred into the next generation offspring I don't see a problem with it.

I agree. One is not really better than the other, to me at least, but i do find the gfp gene quite fascinating.

How can you resist those little green eyes. Their soooooo cute:)

i think the gfp ones look pretty smart with the green eyes!! but can't get them in the UK :mad:

Given the dominance of GFP expression, and how much of a 'cool fad' it is now, I worry that there will be no non-GFP axolotls in 20 years.

I don't know why, but the ones with green eyes always remind me of Podlings from the Dark Crystal. When I looked up the pictures (it's been a while since I've seen it), I'm not quite sure why I make that connection.....haha. It's kind of there....maybe.

podling_zpsab7b72df.jpg

I don't know why, but the ones with green eyes always remind me of Podlings from the Dark Crystal. When I looked up the pictures (it's been a while since I've seen it), I'm not quite sure why I make that connection.....haha. It's kind of there....maybe.

podling_zpsab7b72df.jpg

I was not expecting that. It actually gave me a mini heart attack ( the picture) XD

Same here. It gave me a nightmare.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back