Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Gigliolii set up. Questions

Joefish

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am trying to find out some info on housing a pair of salamandra salamandra gigliolii, I have an exo 90x45x45, bio active set up with an average humidity of around 70%, soil is damp but i never hold water in my drainage layer, I do however have regular condensation show on the drainage layer, I have had the set up for 4 weeks and the plants are doing well,
Is there anything I need to watch out for with this subspecies? I have read a few threads about them preferring drier conditions?

Any help is appreciated

I have attached an image of the set
Up ! - have just misted.

Thanks
Joe

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 172
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 113
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 117

newtmember

Reaction score
The set up looks good. One thing about salamandra is that if they're small, then it would be easier to rear them on paper towel with moss rather than an elaborate set up. I do this because 1) I can control all the factors such as humidity, temperature for the animal. 2) I can make sure that the animal is eating. 3) Also make sure that its not crushed somewhere in the set up [you'll be amaze how often shit fall and kill em]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!