Gills flat against head

K

kellie

Crunchies gills on his right side are sitting flat against his head. Been like this for couple days now. Still swimming and active and still eating fine. Just wondering what it could be caused by? No fungus and getting water levels checked today. Had them checked week ago, ammonia was bit high, but been doing water changes every 2nd day and he has no red marks (I believe caused by ammonia). Any ideas?

is your axolotl still eating cause we have 3 axolotls and our little man has the same problem as yours his ears are right back against his head but not eating at times he looks sad and at times he swims about did you find out i the end by any one wot was wrong

Yeah Crunchies still eating, he's actually in the fridge at the moment because his cloaca is swollen and red and cant get the tank temp down. He seems to be doing ok in the fridge so I'm happy to leave him there for the moment.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back