Goning to jail

J

jeff

sorry everone, I have to go back to jail beacuse I go caught drinking a beer. What a sick sad world we live in. anyone local wanna make a trip over once a week to make sure my animals don't die would be a true act of love for our little freinds. Ive been beaten and slapped so much this month I am actually looking forward to jail this time, nothign but good honest souls in there, too bad they don't take in caudates. I have 2 poeple checking in on my guys, but its licky that they will be dumped in the backyard. Trying to prevent that at all costs. Anyone with freinds in the right places hint hint this would be a good time to stop horrilbe animals killers in there tracks. My address is 6933 237th ave ne Redmond WA 98053. IF you can help, please help my little children

What? Let me guess, you're under 21. What ever happened to the good old days when they just made you pour it out or at worse gave you a $25 ticket. Just another part of the wussification of America. Hope someone can help you out.

No offense to Jeff.... but to say this is the wussification of America, come on.

We have to all be responsible, especially when other lives, human, and in this case animals are concerned. If you are going to jail...repeatedly, because of drinking, that may be a sign to quit.

That is neither here nor there though, and I sincerely hope that your caudates will be well taken care of. Best of luck to you with your problem.

If it's for DUI or DWI probation violation, then you pay the price and learn a lesson (and do learn please). My gripe is the loss of implied personal responsibility by having rights (or "privileges" depending on your view) shaped by laws. Kyle, have you registered for Selective Service yet (which is required by Federal law)? Now I'm a career soldier and here to tell you that if you're old enough to die for your country you're old enough for a 3.2 beer.

Interestingly Americans are old enough with the age of eighteen to kill other people on the field of honor, but they are not allowed to drink a beer in the open.

"Interestingly Americans are old enough with the age of eighteen to kill other people on the field of honor, but they are not allowed to drink a beer in the open."

That has always fascinated me! As a marine who signed up at 17 - it has always amazed me that it was legal for me to run around with a semi-automatic weapon but not to have an alcoholic drink.

Frankly in general - I don't think most American kids are "old enough" at 17 or 18 to be in the armed services, drink or drive. JMO.

Sorry Jeff - wish I were closer to help out - Good Luck!
Sharon

Jeff I hope someone can take them off your hands. Releasing them in the wild is not only unethical, but may even be illegal.
It would be far better to euthanatize them, then to release them. They more than likely will die anyway, but if they don't, they could cause harm to the native species in your area. There has been debate over what is the most humane way to euthanatize a caudate. I'll let the experts argue that one. Good luck.

Geez, I hope euthanizing isn't an option you consider!!! If you truly can't find a friend or family member to take care of your newts, there are other options. Why not call your local schools to see if they can take them in? I'm sure there would be several science teachers who would care for your newts. I'm a science teacher and there's always some teachers who have animals in their classrooms! If I lived near you, I'd certainly take them in!! If that's not an option, try to find a reputable pet store (key word is REPUTABLE) who would take them; either way, I think that's better than killing animals who aren't on death's door.

Hey, another place you might want to call as a last resort would be your local wildlife society, which usually has a facility where they display several animal species----I bet they would be willing to take them in, or even just babysit them. Here is what I found on the web:

Elliott Norse
MARINE CONSERVATION & BIOLOGY INSTITUTE
15806 NE 47TH COURT
REDMOND, WA 98052-5208 US

And speaking of babysitting, you might even try someone in an aquarium shop who would know and be willing to babysit your little dudes.
Good luck, ok!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back