Good Morning and How do you do.

Mermans Garden

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am Alex Reaney, father to an amazing young lady, who enlightened me the the wondrous world of the axolotl. Although, I grew up with them in science class and friends home tanks, I had never really paid much attention to these little wonders until my daughter started talking about them a few years ago. She had studied them in the first years of high school, but had it been cut short when the science lab had come to the attention of our state authorities. Who confiscated them.
She is amazing young lady who is moving on to exotic animal studies and looking forward to moving to a less restrictive local.
Right now we have a few tanks ranging from 20-220 gallons, birds, reptiles, amphibians, dogs and look forward to homing a “Axi”
here in our “garden” in the near future, as she starts college this coming season.

Thanks for having me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back