Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Got Peacock Tree Frog, 1 question.

J

john

Ok I got the peacock tree frog on Sat. My question is about temp. At the bottom of my tank, the temp is at 65 is some spots. Alittle further up it gets warmer. Its just a few spots that get that cold. Is that ok.

B

benjamin

It seems like you've been getting quite a few animals recently.

J

john

No, just the tree frog. I have alot of reptiles and amphibians, but I had no frogs. So I bought this peacock tree frog to sorta complete my collection.

W

william

did it not say on the link i posted on another thread?

btw, any pics?
happy.gif

J

john

I know the temps. The care sheet says 69F-71F at night. I just wanted to know if anyone thought that 65F was to cold. Like I said there is only like 2 spots that get that cold.

P

pamela

If you need to worry about "spot" temp changes, I'd say that you have an incredibly delicate species. In nature tempurature,(esp land, vs water), changes drastically. Should the variations in temps that you are concerned about be responsible in wiping out all, of any/all, species, our planet would be defunct of everything but ourselves. Keeping them within the suggested/applied temp ranges should be enough to suffice your worries. Also, you need to observe your animals 24/7 to see how they respond. Since you are so concerned (which is wonderful) - get out your notebook and jot down the info you have, and your experiences, - very valuable. Let us know what you have discovered, and good luck to you and animals.

J

john

thx for the advice. I will do just what you said. I did like 5 hours of research today and I think I got it nailed. Thx for the help and encouragement. I will post my luck be it bad or good. Hopefully good.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1