Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Gravid for almost a year

Axol&doxieloverbeth

Reaction score
Can anyone please tell me how long a female takes to absorb her eggs? Pinky my female leucistic has been hanging onto her eggs since last November. She throws up every two or three days. Any advice would be appreciated!!! Otherwise she’s in good condition and has a healthy appetite. She eats earthworms 2x week. My tank is 65* and the water condition is good. I tried to get a picture but it spooked her turning the light on so she’s hiding. I’ll try again in a bit. Thanks for any help.

Axol&doxieloverbeth

Reaction score
Did you see the picture I posted? Inky the wild type is also female but not nearly as swollen as Pinky is. She seems healthy otherwise and is very active and alert constantly trying to get my attention. This is also normal as I’ve had her since she was only 6 weeks old.

Axol&doxieloverbeth

Reaction score
Ok thank you. I’m probably just being a mom lol. I’ll take a picture of what I think is vomit and get your opinion. Maybe her poop is that big as I’ve never seen her vomit so I’m really not sure. It could also be Inky doing it and I’m assuming it’s Pinky because of her size. They’re both healthy looking to me otherwise. She wolves her food down so that’s another reason I assumed it was her. Thanks again!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!