Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Great new book on salamanders and newts of the world (Raffaëlli )

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
YOu think a person could read it if they had, say, two years of French?
By the way, Olaf, how did you order it? It's not available on amazon.de or amazon.fr.

Jennewt

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I had 3 years of French in high school and college and I can read most of it, although slowly. You'll quickly pick up some of the description-related words, such as "tache" (spots). Most of the biological words are similar to English or you can figure them out from context, for example "14 sillons costaux" = 14 costal grooves. A lot of scientific words are similar in all languages, and the text is written fairly simply.

The best way to order it from the US is probably to contact Jean Raffaelli directly. I think he gave his email address in one of the posts on this thread.

Otterwoman

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, Jen! I did notice it. I thought maybe by now it'd be on amazon, but I reread the thread and see I misunderstood something, that I can order it easily.

olaf

Reaction score
Hello,
I ordered my copy from Chimaira, a german online bookshop specialized in herp books. I think Jean mentioned where you can order the book in the USA.
Olaf

perche

Reaction score
Hello
A final édition in english is available.
I have the other past éditions in french but this one is amazing.
Salamanders Newts of the world.
Thank you Jean Raffaelli for your huge work.

JM29

Reaction score
P1.JPG
P2.JPG

Yes.
Huge (and heavy) work one more time (after the french editions of 2007 and 2013).

To contact the author :

Last edited:

mandering

Reaction score
View attachment 94342View attachment 94343
Yes.
Huge (and heavy) work one more time (after the french editions of 2007 and 2013).

To contact the author :
Thanks for sharing! I contacted and purchased direct from Jean and must say that this book is an absolute treat. Clearly a life’s work realized with high quality photos and descriptions of species I did not know existed. Pretty spectacular. Highly recommended!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!