Green fungus? on axies face

PatricALOTL

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Display Name
Patrice :P
hi ....
im fairly new to looking after axies, and i was wondering if anyone might be able to put my mind at ease...
a little over two months ago i got a female axie from an aquarium, and i noticed when i brought her home that she had a green patch on her face...it hasnt really changed in size (i dont think)...but im wondering whether or not its some sort of fungus.....

should i be worried??

Hi,

It may appear to be green but this may be the lighting.

My 2 luestics have grey marks on their faces and sometimes they appear to be green maybe you should take a closer look and check that they are green.

If they are definitely green post a pic and somebody else might be able to identify it.

i understand what you mean by looking at her in another angle, to see if its just pigmentation (i researched this as a possible factor after reading so many threads about misdiagnosing fungus on light coloured axies)

only problem is she is a wild coloured axie, meaning black/brown/olive...

i will try and take a photo and post it A.S.A.P, (as soon as i get a good shot of it:proud:)

she has also been floating around the top of the water, although i read that this can be a common behaviour of females ( i only recently discovered she was female)

thanks for the advice

album.php
i dont know if the picture came up....but anyone who thinks they might be able to give me advice, look at my album of Mufahla Fin...it would be much appreciated:D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back