Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Greetings from California, USA

NeptunesRevenge

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am from San Clemente, California. I recently moved to nice beach town and am in the process of building a 100 gallon paludarium.

I have kept both freshwater and saltwater fish in 40 gallon tanks before. This is my first time working with amphibians. My wife and I have always dreamed of having a large amphibious tank setup. We are primarily interested in newts but find all aquatic animals very exciting. We are avid divers, finding ourselves diving at the beach on the weekends.

Can't wait for our first newts to be introduced to their new home!

Attachments

• Paludarium.JPG
    Paludarium.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 527

kelly88

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I am from San Clemente, California. I recently moved to nice beach town and am in the process of building a 100 gallon paludarium.

I have kept both freshwater and saltwater fish in 40 gallon tanks before. This is my first time working with amphibians. My wife and I have always dreamed of having a large amphibious tank setup. We are primarily interested in newts but find all aquatic animals very exciting. We are avid divers, finding ourselves diving at the beach on the weekends.

Can't wait for our first newts to be introduced to their new home!

I'm also at the stage of transition from the fish tank to tank with amphibians ))There is so much to learn )

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1