Greetings from Portugal

mfil78

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
Hi everyone,

I've been absent from this forum for almost a year so I'm starting a new profile (also because I can't find or remember my old username and password... :eek:).
I'm from Portugal, I'v been keeping amphibians (mostly caudata) and reptiles for some years and my main interest, besides the captive care of these animals, is their medicine, illness and health issues (also some professional interest as I'm veterinarian).
Currently I'm keeping 1 Paramesotriton fuzhongensis, 2 Triturus boscai and 4 Bombina orientalis.

Cheers

Welcome, mfil. We welcome your expertise in medical issues!

If you can remember your old username (or a few letters of it), we can find it and merge it with your new one.

Hi Jennewt,

Thanks for the compliment but I'm by no means an expert in amphibian medicine! It's a very recent area in veterinary medicine and although working almost exclusively with exotic pets I still have a lot to learn with amphibians.

I believe that my old username was filipe, one of my last posts was concerning with plant fertilizers. Hope this helps!

Filipe

Welcome Filipe (and welcome back). Actually we can't restore your old account - people who had not used their accounts since the end of January 2007 had their accounts deleted to make the software transfer earlier this month easier (that was the plan anyhow, not sure it really worked out that way). Sorry!

Hi Jennewt,

Thanks for the compliment but I'm by no means an expert in amphibian medicine! It's a very recent area in veterinary medicine and although working almost exclusively with exotic pets I still have a lot to learn with amphibians.

I believe that my old username was filipe, one of my last posts was concerning with plant fertilizers. Hope this helps!

Filipe

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back