Greetings from Tropical SE Minnesota

Dachshund

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
John Levell
Howdy All,

I'm John and I currently reside in Lanesboro, Minnesota, which is in the extreme Southeast corner of the State about 50 miles due west of LaCrosse, Wisconsin. Have been interested in Salamanders (as well as other critters) for decades and have worked with a variety of species (mainly Plethodontidae and Ambystomatidae) both in the wild and in captivity for a similar time period. Current species of major interest included the Ambystoma tigrinum complex (A. t. mavortium in particular and yeah I remain "old school" taxonomically), Necturus, andBolitoglossa. Looking forward to hooking up with similar minded folks here on Caudata.org and likewise hope to add additional specimens (preferably c.b.) to my collection via connections made on this forum.

Howdy Neighbor! Welcome to the forum.

Hello Kaysie... North Dakota, hey? Wife was born & raised around Mitchell, SD and is probably out near Spearfish as I write this. In any case, thanks much for the welcome. Now if I can just figure out all that's available here I'll have it made. More later - John

I'm a gypsy, Michigan's my native land. If you ever need help with navigating the forum, just ask (don't worry, you can't break anything!). Mostly friendly folks around here!

Suppose I'm a broke down gypsy, as I've been stuck in MN darn near 20 years now. Originally from the land of plenty salamanders, Illinois. Trying to see if my newly uploaded Avatar shows up on my posts.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back