Had to change the set up

Holly12

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So, Stelly has grown at least half an inch (at LEAST) and gotten crazy bulky in just 3 weeks. So, I've had to change his whole set up to make bigger hides for him. I did have all his lava rock buried, but I can't do that anymore, since I need it to brace the roofs of his hides. Hoping he's gentle when he swims by them.

20160902_140631_zpsdyhrcvdo.jpg

If you worry you can sand off the sharp edging with sand paper. I personally don't use lava rock not because I fear of injured them but more like injured me :eek:

Thanks!!! It's a 20g long. He got too big for the hides I had made so I had to rearrange things and make them bigger. He was sooooo mad all day!! He wouldn't come out to eat! Then today was water change day so he was mad again, lol.

I didn't think about sanding the edges but I guess I can!! I'll keep an eye on him.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back