have tylototriton verrucosus

Y

yann

Hello,

I'm french and i'm sorry in advance for my english level. I'm going to have a couple of Tylototriton verrucosus very soon and I would like to know what sort of aquaterrarium they need, what are the different required parameters of the tank.
It would be very kind and useful for me to have these informations and some pictures would be very appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hi Nate.
Know you love this link, but temperatures in winter are much to high!Why should you copy views of other people without having an own opinion?
Sad
Greets,
Philipp
P.S.:For getting better discussed arguments, have
a look in the Genus-Tylototriton/Echinotriton-Forum, which is full of postings concerning T.verrucosus.

Phillip, if the temperatures were too high then there would be health problems or lack of breeding. There clearly isn't, and this has been demonstrated repeatedly. Therefore I have no problem recommending this caresheet as a way to successfully keep and breed verrucosus. Your claim that the temperatures recommended are too high is arbritary at best.

I'll add here that while I appreciate your unquestioned passion for the care of these animals, I don't appreciate you insinuating that I don't have my own opinion on the care of these animals. It's presumptuous and uninformed on your part.

Where am I going wrong Phillip?

Actually, last winter and the winter before I kept mine at 18 degrees C. The temperature of the room they were in fluctuated quite a lot during the winter months with heating being turned on and off so I thought it best to avoid that stress and just keep them at something constant. If I had the facilities in those years that I have now I would keep them at around 15 degees C in the winter (the range recommended in the caresheet).

They've bred 4 times (twice for each female) since September. None of which was deliberately instigated. Where am I going wrong.

Of the original 4 animals I acquired, I know that the two females and one male are still alive (Martin Davies had one of the females and I think a male). One of the males died while I was on vacation recently and someone was taking care of my animals for me ;(. It died basically of lack of food - it was too timid in comparison to its tankmates and my carer wasn't ensuring that it ate.

These animals are 4 or 5 years old and thriving. With luck they'll live at least that long again and more.

Hi Nate and John
No, I´m not the the green boy from verrucosus Forest. I just can´t stand arguing in ways like " works well, why should i try to vary,.....?".
Put two verucosus in a 4o cm tank, and they will breed!Are they kept right?Dýou think that, wherever they came from (I guess China, so far),
temperatures keep staying round the same number of Degrees? It´s amusing that so many of you are defending one way very emotional.Yes, same do i with mine, with my arguments;-)
But who´s normally much more emotional?The Minority or the Majority?Got an adult female, that was raised and kept, like her parents, in johns way.
That animal´s bigger than my, also 5 year old group, but she´s much more sensitive and ,especially at higher and cooler temperatures, much more dificult to feed. She´s very nervous at that times. And now, guess what´s with the rest of it,.....
Why i don´t breed them regularly?Well, there´s a piece of glass, preventing that,and i wouldn´t do it, same with Axolotls, Pleurodeles waltl and other, much too popular species,....
And John: You still it´s personal?
Should be mine now, cause there seems to be noone interested, in having an objective opinion,....
Nate:Sorry, poor english. Written like i did,
you could call it uninformed. But you can read it in another way, and hey: Why are you getting that angry, when you really thought of more than of those, again and again copied and taken over, without an actualized review!Or had there been anyone, refering to newer experiences?
Greets
Philipp

Philipp, I'm getting annoyed with your rude and arrogant comments. You consistently answer posts by first assuming the person is an idiot, then insulting them, and then finding out the facts later and blaming it on a language barrier or "emotion". The fact is, it's just plain rude. It's getting very old, and I don't appreciate it. I doubt if anyone here does.

Greets!

I'm not getting into any personal arguments with you Phillip. I would also like to think that you're a mature enough not to either.

Can't we all just be friends and start answering my water quality questions instead?

One question for Phillip:
Take me for example, I do not have the possibilities to change the temps more than between 18 in winter and 25 in summer without having my girlfriend kill me(I am quite serious!).
What do you suggest for me to do then?
1.Ending my relationship with my girlfriend to drop the temp in my apartment.
2.Stop having newts even though I love having them and care for them in every way possible(besides nr 1)
3.Keep my newts and girlfriend and keep both of them in the 18-25C span.

LOL, we can be friends if we treat each other as friends. Buy your girlfriend a sweater and tell her if she loves you, she'll understand ;)

If she doesn't understand, well...she has to go. My wife has come to understand and appreciate occasional indoor temperatures of 10C!! So don't lose hope jesper, they're out here!

Hi Jesper
In good friends i trust, others may rust(Love bad jokes,....)
My last girlfriend left me when i moved and added another problem to the one, founded in the range of temperatures. Couldn´t spend enough time with her, cause can´t leave for more than two days from that point on, cause i have to take care for my animals. Normally, we spent most of the time in bed, bars or in the bathroom,.....;-)
A cup of tea and my much-loved Marine-Pullovers,
are nice friends too. As i already told you, i do everything for my animals, and you can think of what that means for a one-room apartment,.....
Replaced my pyjama quite fast;-)
All of my nimals, even the reptiles, have quite similar needs, though i got an area which is little warmer, where e.g. my Malaysian Skinks live,....Even the Oligodon Snakes from Thailand winter well when having a place where they can heat themselves up.
I know what i can offer to my animals, so i don´t keep any species, whose needs differ from that!
Would really like to keep Skinks like Dasia sp. or Leiolepisma smaragdina or Snakes like Erpeton tentaculatum, but they wouldn´t do well in winter,....
I often move tanks to places, where the temperature´s offered, the animals need. All of my taliangensis are beyond the half-opened window now, where it would be to hot in spring or summer,....
Seems to be me, getting nice japanese Hynobius in the future, so my fridge has to become a little more less mine,.....;-)
Got your answer?
My needs or those of somebody, who normally knows what i do and don´t do, aren´t accepted as an argument to me as a person, to keep my animals in a way, that isn´t tolerable to me.
No rude attack or something else, Jesper.
Just an answer to your question!Okay?
A Griassle,
Philipp

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back