Heat wave

Mozza

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello so over three pond in England were actually having a heat wave at the moment and the temperature in my tiger salamander tank is ranging from 20 to like 35 degrees what can I do to cool it down? because I know that's to hot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe move the tank to a cooler spot. Floor level is generally cooler. Keep windows and doors shut and covered. Keep lights off. You could use ice bricks ( like the ones used to keep food cool) . Have a read of this link :- Caudata Culture Articles - Cooling

I have moved them to a tank with no top and have put ice packs under the soil and they seam to be ok now, I just hope it wasn't to late but they where running about in the tank so it should be ok I hope

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha yea that's right! I've been watching Wimbledon coverage and they keep talking about the record heat wave. I think getting one of those small fans that clip on stuff would be good too. Maybe just have it so it's over top and just pushing air out of the way. He can't climb out can he?

Same thing going on in central Canada! My poor tiger is rather lazy with it being so hot. Things people have suggested to me are fans, putting small holes in bags of ice and then putting the ice on top of the mesh of the enclosure, and of course finding a cooler spot for the salamander or getting AC. I don't have AC though, unfortunately.

I've actually been putting a cooler in my tigers enclosure and changing it every few hours. He sleeps underneath (see picture) so I think he's happy with it. I might move him to the basement soon. I don't like that the heat is going past 27C daily.

Attachments

• 11659218_10206598712228149_463326632406242817_n.jpg
    11659218_10206598712228149_463326632406242817_n.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 148
My frogs tank was getting warmer so I put some cold water in the soil. My frog Pear is now always in the soil because she loves the cold dirt.

My frogs tank was getting warmer so I put some cold water in the soil. My frog Pear is now always in the soil because she loves the cold dirt.

That's really cute (lol). :D :frog:

I decided my basement wasn't cool enough so I bought a portable AC unit and set it up down there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back