Hello All

Silverbearslady

Reaction score
Country
United States
My name is Louella and am currently the lotlmom to a wild type female and a leucistic male. I have had them for 6 months now and thought I knew what I needed if eggs should happen to appear, but I am feeling a bit overwhelmed now that they have.

Congrats! Doesn't matter if you think you're prepared or not - you'll always have the first time nerves.

Get ready with a BBS hatchery, and decide how many eggs you're keeping, selling or culling.

Wow, 3 babies are out of their eggs already!!!! Not much time for a procrastinator like me to make big decisions:eek:...However I am already in love with the babies so I will probably end up keeping some favorites and I also have 2 pet stores that are interested in buying juveniles. Do you know if there is an "average" price to ask, assuming all goes well from here? Oh, and my brine shrimp should be hatching any time...how much (or little) should I put in for just a few babies?

Price depends on demand, colour and size - you'll need to figure out your local values.

Tiny hatchlings won't need much food, but BBS don't last for long, so start with just a pinch of eggs and work up as you get more hatchlings and as they grow.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back