Gymnophiona

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Display Name
Caecilian
Hello everyone,

I´m from Germany, exactly Stuttgart.
I like everything scientific like chemistry, physiks and biology.
I´m very interested in amphibians, esecial in salamanders and caecilians and I´m very confident that I will find here more information about these fantastic animals :D.

kind regards
Ph. Rössler

You´ve definitely come to the right place! You´ll find more quality info here than anywhere else.

Are you currently keeping any caudates, or animals for that matter?
Oh, and welcome to the forum hehe.

AW: Hello from Germany

Thank you :D

In the moment I´m keeping some Axolotls, Typhlonectes natans and Geotrypetes seraphini as amphibians. I also keep many fish and insects (mantis, Phasmids,...)

Re: AW: Hello from Germany

Welcome to the forum. Caecilian enthusiasts are very rare indeed. Have you seen gymnophiona.org ?

gutan tag, welcome to the forum, and greeting from america.

-collin

p.s caudata says hello (caudata is my tiger slamander)

Yes, I found gymnophiona.org yesterday, but thank you for the link.
And I realized too, that there are not so many Caecilian enthusiasts as I thougt, I searched 2 years till I found my Geotrypetes seraphini .Other sorts of terraristic Caecilians are more rare :(

I'm always surprised that Caecilians aren't more popular in the trade. I bought one from a petstore ~1991 (unfortunately, he's recently departed), and I can honestly say that, since then, I've never seen one for sale in a store (although I've seen them listed for sale online). Are they more popular in the pet trade in Germany?

In genaral are terraristic caecilans in Germany very rare. You can´t find them in pet shops, only in some internet pet shops. And when there are any terraristic caecilans in a shop they are very expensive...:( But Typhlonectes natans is a common species of caecilians here. You can find it regular in a few pet shops.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back