Hello from Illinois!

kylakat13

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone! My boyfriend and I have been axie owners for a little over a month and I think that I can safely say that our lives are 1000% better now. We have three juvies in a 55 gallon tank and I'd love to know what people think of it! :D My bigger wild type is named Sydney (If she turns out to be a boy then it'll be changed to Sidney) , the smaller axanthic wild type is named Tex (A Red vs Blue reference because she's a total bad ***), and my third one is my cute leucistic named Phoebe (We don't know what we'll call her if she turns out to be a boy). In the tank we also have a few baby guppies and ghost shrimp to eat the extra food. And then if my axies are lucky, they're yummy snacks.

And for anyone that's concerned about the river rocks, I do thorough water changes/cleanings at least once a week so "stuff" doesn't build up.

Attachments

• IMAG1194.jpg
    IMAG1194.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMAG1193.jpg
    IMAG1193.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMAG1191.jpg
    IMAG1191.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMAG1184.jpg
    IMAG1184.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 104
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back