Hello from Leicester

digger1

Reaction score
Country
England
Hi, I'm Jon aka Digger.
I saw an Axolotl for the first time last week at an aquatics centre and i was very intrigued. I've been looking them up on the 'net and thats why i'm here.
I keep tropical and coldwater fish. I had 2 red ear slider terrapins for years, they went to a fella who had a terrapin house when they got too big for the tank.
cheers
dig

Last edited:
Well, you certainly have come to the right place! Welcome!
You can find all the information you will need in the axolotl section of this forum and at Axolotl.org.
Since you´ve done the right thing and come here to learn before acquiring your new animals, you have a great advantage. Read and learn as much as you possibly can, even though having a fish tank background i´m sure you´re familiar with cycling and all that stuff.

They are fascinating creatures, i´m sure you´ll have years of joy with it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back