Hello from New Jersey!

jwthought81

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, Everyone! I hoe you and yours are doing well during this unusual time.

I'm Josh from New Jersey. I'm a life long keeper and breeder of amphibian....but just frogs and toads. Im a total green horn when it comes to the other amphibians. I currently have 0.0.2 Spotted Salamanders and since I acquired them I can't imagine what took me so long! Admittedly, Im sure these animals are field collected, which I know is frowned upon here and with good reason. But I do intend to attempt to breed them in an outdoor enclosure in hopes to get some CB animals into the hobby.

At any rate, it's great to see that there's a community dedicated to these fascinating animals and I'm stoked to be here!

Josh

Welcome to the group. There are lots of captive breed newts and salamanders. They might be easier to breed.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back