Hello from portland, oregon

melwngr

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi,
I haven't had any amphibians since I was a kid, but have always loved them. I am interested in buying a few axolotls and have joined on here to learn more about their care and where to buy them.
Thanks,
Melissa

hi melissa

they have lots of info on the care of axies and they have a wanted section as well.

lea

Welcome to the forum! May I ask from whereabouts Portland you hail? I spent a good chunk of my youth in Portland, and have a lot of family up there.

Welcome to the forum! what axololtl morphs are you looking for?

Hi Melissa! I'm hoping to stop there on vacation in September. I want to go to Opal Creek and see the Portland zoo and see the Pittock mansion. Ever been to any of those?

I've been to the zoo, it's really nice, especially the new Northwest area. Haven't been to Opal Creek yet, but from everything I've heard it sounds fantastic. Hoping to go there sometime this summer.

I've seen that people are shipping axolotls and eggs, is this safe for them? I want to buy some but hate to think of them going through the mail... do they OK?

Thanks, Melissa

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back