Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Hello from the UK.

AmberLouiseT

Reaction score
Hi there, my name's Amber. I recently purchased some Axolotl eggs after being a fan of them for years.
I'm really nervous to see the eggs hatch & raise them.
The mother axie is golden but we're unsure if the father is another golden or a leucistic.
I don't really care what color they are as I think all color-mixes are beautiful.

I set up a daphnia culture last week and then stupidly added some more bags of daphnia - now my water STINKS. I'll have to clean the tank out but I'm worried I'm going to kill off most of my culture.

Sorry if this post seems like rambling.. I'm really anxious. Also haven't figured out how to use this site yet but I am so grateful for this site existing. It's helped me so much.

Donna001

Reaction score
Hi Amber and welcome to the forum. :happy:
How amazing to actually hatch your own axolotls. :cool:
Best of luck and I hope that you will keep us updated on progress, and post lots of pictures. :D

Donna001

Reaction score
Hi again. I saw some of your other posts. I don't have any experience with axolotl eggs or babies, but I hope that the information in the following link might be helpful
Axolotls - Rearing from Egg to Adult
It would be worth having a look at some of the other articles on that site as well.
I hope that one of the more experienced keepers answers your post regarding your eggs and babies soon.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you and your little ones. :happy:

AmberLouiseT

Reaction score
Thank you for the link :) I'd read it before but it's always good to re-read things to get a better understanding! so thank you x

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!