Hello!!

xXNetRavenXx

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey, I been on this forum for about a week now but my new axolotls just arrived in the mail so I figured I had better post something (I had one before but I think the thread got lost, If I am repeating myself sorry John:rolleyes:)

So I got Two wild type Axolotls today, they are bigger then I thought they would be, 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 inches long and decently healthy. No names yet.... They are both missing one foot each :( But I hope as they enjoy their new environment they will relax and begin to regenerate :happy:

I haven't finalized their habitat yet, I was expecting younger ones so I opted for a bare floor tank... now that I see they are so big I might use some substrate (sand maybe?)

They are eating a good amount today (one cube of frozen brine shrimp):eek:

One of them keeps floating to the top surface of the water and flicks his gills every once in a while (possible oxygenation problem?) But I recall reading threads on here of other people axies casually floating about just for kicks so I am not too worried (no other signs of abnormalities or illness just stress of travel and new environment)

Attachments

• P1000776.jpg
    P1000776.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 128
Did you get your axolotls from this site. If so how much did it cost and how long did it take to get to you house. Did you get to choose what type of breed,and if they were male or female. Please send back.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back