Hello!

Lancelot

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Hello everyone!

I'm a girl from Sweden. I'm very interested in animals, plants and nature. I currently study
Arts Activities: Music at the Upper Secondary School, as I'm very interested in music too. I have to say that I draw quite a lot as well.

I found this site when looking for information about Axolotls. I've had my first Axolotl, Lancelot, for around 2 weeks now (I got attatched to her when I first saw her in the petstore), and since it's my first time I'd of course love to have any kind of tips or suggestions. I didn't get much information in the petstore where I bought her. So I don't know how old she is, or even if Lancelot is a girl or not (I thought it was a male at first, when I only found descriptions, which is why I named her Lancelot, but after actually finding images I'm starting to believe Lancelot is a girl). I already learned that I should change gravel as soon as possible as they could swallow it, which they didn't tell me in the store either...

I'll do my best to be active around the forums, I'm glad I found this place and I believe it will help me a lot, and hopefully I'll be able to help others as well!

Thank you. :happy:

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

If you post pictures, we'd be happy to help determine the gender of your axolotl.

Welcome to the forum!

As you are an artist, do you have a deviantArt account? :)

Looking forward to hopefully seeing some pictures of Lancelot soon!

Your english is much better than most of the American/English users on this forum.

Welcome!

Last edited:
Thank you all so much!
I feel very welcomed here, and it makes me incredibly happy that my english is that good. :blush:

I have actually created an album on my profile and put up some photos of Lancelot there. I'm not sure if they're good enough to be able to determine their gender though... :( the best camera I have is my cellphone, and taking photos through the glass doesn't usually end up very well.. I hope you'll like them though!

Oh, and yes, I do have a DeviantART account! :happy: I am Secretdew over there, if you want to take a look!

Thank you all!

You need to change the substrate you have your Axolotl on. Gravel can cause impaction and death if accidentally swallowed. You should either use play sand or keep the bottom bare.

"I already learned that I should change gravel as soon as possible as they could swallow it, which they didn't tell me in the store either..."

I said this in the first post I made in this thread. :sick:
Thanks though.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back